Wound Care Compounding
- With your prescription order, Beattie’s Pharmacy can formulate a compound to contain the proper combination of active ingredients, in the most appropriate base, to treat a specific type of wound. We customize medications to meet each individual’s specific needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of wounds, tissue and healing have grown rapidly over the past 40 years, resulting in a major change in the method of wound management. There has been a growing awareness that traditional dry wound-care products may actually delay healing.
Treatment of Wounds Without Infection:
- Phenytoin 5%, Misoprostol .0024% – topical gel.
- Phenytoin 2%, Misoprostol .0024%, Lidocaine 2%, Bupivacaine HCI .2%, Diphenhydramine HCI 1%, Aloe Vera .2% – Polyox bandage – This is a good base for oozing wounds.
- Ketoprofen 2%, Lidocaine 2%, Misoprostol .0024%, Phenytoin 2%, Aloe Vera .2% – topical cream
Treatment of Infected Wounds:
- Misoprostol .0024%, Phenytoin 5%, Metronidazole 2% – topical gel
- Misoprostol .0024%, Phenytoin 5%, Gentamicin .2% – topical gel
- Treatment of wounds with pain:
- Morphine Sulfate 1mg/mL – topical gel
- Topical morphine is an option for wound pain and is usually requested after minimal success with lidocaine.
Additional Information to Consider: To help increase blood flow, consider nifedipine or pentoxifylline in or around the wound.
* Our gel and cream base are both hypoallergenic.