What is a Compounding Pharmacy?
Beatties Compounding Pharmacy combines an ageless art with medical knowledge and technology to prepare customized medications to meet each patient’s needs. Prior to medications being produced in mass quantities by pharmaceutical manufacturers, compounding was the standard means of providing prescription medication. Today, instead of your pharmacist being a dispenser of manufactured strengths and dosage forms, the pharmacist is able to meet a patient’s specific needs and avoid the “one size fits all” approach. Compounding is a specialty service and takes the blend of professionals and investment of on site services you can only find at our North Denver, Erie location.
Beatties Compounding Professionals Can Prepare:
- Bio-Identical Hormones which are most commonly connected to the symptoms of menopause.
- Your pet’s medication in the best strength, form, and flavor for them. What works for an 80 lb. Golden Retriever would be far too much for a little Yorkie.
- “Gummies” and Lollipops for the pediatric group! Just think – no more wasting medicine when a cranky patient spits it out…we have lots of flavors too.
- Medications free of problem-causing additives like dyes, sugar, lactose, or alcohol.
- Anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving medications as a topical preparation that can be absorbed through the skin. This eliminates the gastrointestinal side effects commonly experienced by these patients.
- Flavored oral suspension for those that have trouble swallowing a capsule.
- Medications that are not commercially available or have been discontinued.
We are here to work closely with our patients and prescribers to develop treatment options with optimal results. There are many choices to be made and we look forward to helping provide those answers.